Erasmus Scholarships in European Master in Translational Cosmetic and Dermatological Sciences
The application portal for Erasmus Scholarships in European Master in Translational Cosmetic and Dermatological Sciences will be open on January 2nd, 2019 and remains open until February 15th, 2019.
Overview of the European Master in Translational Cosmetic and Dermatological Sciences – EMOTION
EMOTION trains the next generation of R&D leaders in the dermatological and dermacosmetic field, but at the same time provides sufficient know-how to allow graduates to work in other pharmaceutical and cosmetic R&D sectors. The aggregate market for medicines and cosmetics in the world is over two trillion euros, 10% of which is solely for skin disorders.
EMOTION is a two-year Masters degree funded by the European Commission. Scholarships, that cover tuition and subsistence, are available both for European and non-European students. All courses are taught in English and students will study in at least two of the partner Universities. In the last semester, a personalized program will bring the student to perform her/his thesis work either in industry or in academia.
EMOTION is open to all motivated and bright students that want to undertake a career in R&D, contributing to the development of new drugs or new cosmetics. The program is focused on skin and provides dedicated workshops to foster tomorrow’s leaders in the field.
Admission to EMOTION requires:
- A Bachelor degree or higher from a recognized academic higher education institution (equivalent to a European undergraduate degree of 180 ECTS – 6 semesters) in a field related to the EMOTION area (for example Pharmacy, Medicine, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, Genetics, Molecular Biology). The grade average of the previous study should prove high qualification of the applicant.
- The proof of English proficiency documented by an internationally recognized certificate (at least level B2).*
Accepted certificates are:
IELTS (academic test): minimum average score 6.5 [www.ielts.org]
TOEFL (paper-based): 560 [www.ets.org/toefl]
TOEFL (internet-based, or iBT): 88 [www.ets.org/toefl]
Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency (CPE), Grades A, B, or C [www.cambridgeenglish.org]
Certificate in Advanced English (CAE), Grades A, B, or C [www.cambridgeenglish.org]
Cambridge First Certificate, Grade A or B [www.cambridgeenglish.org]
These are the only tests accepted as proofs of English proficiency. Any other type of diplomas is not considered as valid proof of English proficiency.
* EMJMD consortium considers the countries listed below as countries of native-English speakers:
Antigua, Australia, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Barbuda, Belize, Bermuda, Botswana, Canada (except Quebec), Commonwealth Caribbean, Dominica, Fiji, Ghana, Grand Cayman, Islands, Grenada, Guyana, Irish Republic, Jamaica, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, New Zealand, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Sierra Leone, Singapore, South Africa, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & Grenadines, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tobago, Trinidad, Uganda, United Kingdom, United States, Virgin Islands, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
Candidates coming from these countries are not required to attach any other evidence of English proficiency.
For candidates who have completed a degree programme fully taught in English in one of the native-English speaking countries listed above the proof of English proficiency is waived.
Study periods of different lengths not leading to a degree entirely held in English DO NOT count as sufficient demonstration of their English proficiency. A proof of English proficiency is required.
All other candidates are required to attach a proof of English proficiency.
Candidates are responsible to meet the visa requirements for the countries in which each host institution is located, although the Masters’ secretariat will provide advice.
Documentation for application to EMJMD scholarship
Applications must include the following documents, in the order specified here:
- A Declaration Form of your applicant status, where you declare that you understand and fulfil the eligibility criteria for Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree student scholarship;
- European format Curriculum Vitae in English (download template), provided with date and signature, to present your qualifications, experience and skills, effectively and clearly;
- A scan of the residence certificate issued in accordance with the candidate’s municipality normal registration rules (issued within 12 months before the application deadline);
- A scan of the original University degree(s) (Bachelor and if it’s the case Master) AND certified translation if the document is not issued in English);
- A scan of the original (AND certified translation if the document is not issued in English) official Transcript/Academic Record, stating which courses were taken and what grades were obtained at the time of application;
- Proof of English Proficiency using a scanned copy of result sheet;
- Copy of a valid identity document or passport. Please note that if you have more than one nationality, you must decide at this stage under which nationality you apply;
- A Motivation Letter in English (maximum 750 words). In the letter, the candidate should explain how passed experiences have prepared him/her for participation in Emotion, how this programme is likely to improve his or her own career perspectives, and why the candidate is interested in the school. Note that handwritten letters are NOT accepted;
- Two Reference Letters (in English) from university professors or employers. The only requirement is that the contact details of the person providing the reference must be clearly typed and must contain a business email address [not a private one] and a telephone number.
The link will be available soon.
All the required documents are submitted electronically. When you apply you need to attach a single PDF file of less than 50 MB, providing all the required documents in the order specified here.
Only complete online applications are eligible and can be assessed.
Our online application platform opens on January 2nd, 2019.
All applications must be submitted through our application platform by February 15th, 2019.
For applicants that have not participated in the application for EMJMD scholarships:
EMOTION offers enrolment to European residents that have not participated in the application for a EMJMD scholarship.
Applications will be received between May 2nd and June 28th, 2019 (documentation – except for declaration form).
Selected applicants will be notified by e-mail by July 15th, 2019.
Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
The deadline for applying for scholarships will be on February 15th, 2019.
Erasmus+ scholarship eligibility rules (set by EACEA):
- Minimum 75% of the grants must be allocated to Partner country students.
- Partner country student who has lived or carried out their main activities in a Programme country* for more than 12 months in the past 5 years will be considered as a Programme country* student.
- Maximum 3 grants will be allocated to students from the same country.
- Students with more than one nationality must state with their application under which one are willing to apply.
- Contribution to subsistence costs will not be given to the scholarship holders for the EMJMD periods (study/research/placement/thesis preparation) spent in their country of residence, nor to scholarship holders from a Partner country for the EMJMD periods exceeding one trimester (i.e. 3 months or the equivalent of 15 ECTS credits) spent in any Partner country.
- You may check List of Eligible Countries for European Union Erasmus+ Programme Scholarships here.
You may also like to see:
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships Masters of Innovative Microwave Electronics and Optics
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships in EMerald Masters of Resources Engineering
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships in Master of Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Invest Your Talent in Italy Fully Funded Scholarships for 14 Selected Countries
- More than 20,000 Scholarships in Europe, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Japan
- More than 300 Swedish Institute Scholarships to Study in Sweden Universities
- About €47,000 valued 20 Scholarships in the Erasmus Mundus Master in Journalism, Media and Globalization
- ERASMUS MUNDUS Programme in Chemical Nano-Engineering
- Choreomundus – International master in Dance Knowledge, Practice, and Heritage
- 20+ Erasmus Mundus Scholarships in International Master in Central and East European, Russian and Eurasian Studies
- Doctoral Scholarships for Candidates from Developing Countries at Ghent University, Belgium
- More than 58 Erasmus Mundus Scholarships in Masters of Digital Earth
- 20+ Erasmus Mundus Scholarships in in Agricultural, Food and Environmental Policy Analysis
- More than 50 Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarships, Australia