4 Scholarships in vibration control and earthquake engineering at Curtin University, Australia
The application for the 4 Scholarships in vibration control and earthquake engineering at Curtin University, Australia is open now and you may see the details of the application and apply before the application deadline, June 30, 2019.
Scholarships in vibration control and earthquake engineering
Applications open: 19/02/2019
Applications close: 30/06/2019
About this scholarship
The candidate will work with Prof. Hong Hao and Dr Kaiming Bi on their Australian Research Council (ARC) projects in the areas of earthquake engineering (1 student) and structural vibration control (3 student).
- Future Students
- Postgraduate Research
- Australian Citizen
- International students
- Australian Permanent Resident
- Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- New Zealand Citizen
- Merit Based
Maximum number awarded
The successful candidate will receive a stipend valued at $27,596 per annum (2019 RTP rate).
The duration of the scholarship shall be for three years with a possible extension of up to six months provided the student meets eligibility guidelines as per the conditions of award.
If the successful candidate is an international student, the scholarship shall cover international tuition fees for the duration of the award.
Higher Degree by Research: PhD – Civil and Structural Engineering
Bachelor degree (first class honours or upper second class honours) in Civil Engineering or related fields, and language requirement (IELTS, Overall 6.5, Speaking, Writing, Reading and Listening 6.0 or TOEFL, Overall 79, Reading, 13, Listening 13, Speaking 18, Writing 21).
Applicants with Master degrees with technical publications and research experiences in earthquake engineering, fluid dynamics and stochastic dynamic analyses are preferred.
How to apply
To apply, please send your expression of interest together with your CV, English testing score and transcripts via email to Dr Kaiming Bi (Kaiming.firstname.lastname@example.org).
Need more information?
For further information please contact:
Dr. Kaiming Bi via Kaiming.email@example.com
Student 1 will work on the dynamic analyses of bridge structures made of green materials. Applicants with experiences in structural dynamics and shaking table tests are preferred.
Student 2 will work on the vibration control of offshore platforms. Applicants with experiences in structural dynamics and computational fluid dynamics are preferred.
Students 3 and 4 will work on the vibration control of engineering structures with novel dampers. Applicants with experiences on inerter, metamaterial, random vibration are preferred.
For further information, please visit the official website of the university here.
- More than 11,000 Scholarships By Australian Government through Research Training Program (RTP)
- PHD Scholarships at Curtin University, Australia
- Australian Government Research Training Program Funded Scholarships at Charles Sturt University
- Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship at Charles Darwin University
- Food Agility Masters and PHD Scholarships at 8 Australian Universities
- PhD Scholarships in Animal Science & Animal Genetics and Breeding Unit at University of New England
- Full Fee Scholarships at Adelaide University Australia for International Students
- Fully Funded Postgraduate Scholarships in United Kingdom at University of Leeds, 2019
- More than 214 Masters Programmes in World Bank Scholarships Program for Developing Countries
- World Bank Scholarships in Agricultural Systems And Engineering at Asian Institute of Technology
- More than 100 Fully Funded Peace Rotary Fellowships 2020-2021
- Melbourne Chancellors Scholarship for Australian Students
- PhD Scholarship ARC Discovery Project: Global Childhoods: Lifeworlds and educational success in Australia and Asia
- Fully Funded Dean’s International Students Scholarships at the University of Melbourne
- Melbourne Indigenous Merit Scholarships for Australian Students